POWER YOUR RUNNING WITH 4 WEEKS OF FARTLEK TRAINING
Fartlek is Swedish for Speedplay and was developed in 1937 by Swedish coach Gösta Holmér.
Whilst I recommend you google it and learn more about it and the more advanced methods and styles this challenge is going to stick to a very simple form of Fartlek training.
It involves interval training on a treadmill, track or road, however a treadmill is preferred as you can monitor your speeds better.
Power your running with 4 weeks of Fartlek Training Challenge rules
- The Challenge is a 4 week course with 1 session a week of Fartlek training
- You will first be required to do a 5min warm up at a nice steady jog.
- After you warm up you will enter into 10mins of Fartlek training. 1 min will be run at your normal running pace followed by 1minn of running flat out.
- You will repeat the 1min at normal pace and then flat out for 1mins, so 5mins of normal and 5mins of flat out.
- You will then do a steady cool down jog for 3 to 5 mins
- You will introduce this into to your training schedule at 1 session per week for 4weeks.
- Most important rule, enjoy it and smile.
- Not all types of physical activity are suitable for everyone. Users take Challenges and training advice at their own personal risk.